To the extent that the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) apply to the processing of personal data under these Website Terms And Conditions, the vCita’s Data Processing Addendum serves as an integral part of these Website Terms And Conditions.
What personal information does the Expert provide to vCita?
As an Expert, when you register to the Web-App, you are asked to provide vCita an active e-mail address and other contact and personal details (or other allowed means of identification), and to select a password.
vCita can ask you to provide additional payment and transaction related personal information, to the extent required to provide the Services.
Please bear in mind that false, incorrect, incomplete, or outdated information can prevent you from registering and using the Services or the Web-App or impair vCita’s ability to provide you with the Services or the Web-App and to contact you.
What Internet traffic does vCita collect?
vCita’s Web-App provides a comprehensive solution to Users and Experts, which enables them to contact each other, schedule an appointment, form a contract, pay and receive fees, interact and manage their engagement by using the Web-App. The Web-App is installed on vCita’s servers, and when you use the Web-App, the information routed via the Web-App is accessible to vCita.
When you use the Services or the Web-App, vCita will collect information, such as session durations, page impressions, Internet protocol (IP) addresses, the domain name that served you to access the Services or the Web-App, and content types and origins.
vCita will also store information related to online data or metadata that is routed through vCita’s servers, such as web page addresses, structure, data fields and images.
The stored data will be attributed to you in person, only to the extent necessary for the use of the Web-App or the Services, as set in the following section. In all other cases, vCita will anonymize the data and will not knowingly use the data to personally identify you.
Further information is collected when you and vCita exchange communications, for example, when you submit an inquiry to customer support at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Does vCita collect location based information?
vCita does not actively collect any personal information that is based on your geographical location, except for the country that you reside in when accessing the Services or the Web-App.
However, certain location-based information is stored on vCita’s servers, for example if you use the Services or the Web-App to access geographic based services.
What does vCita do with your personally identifiable information?
vCita uses personally identifiable information for the following purposes and for as long as they serve such purposes:
- To provide and operate the Services or the Web-App;
- To send you updates and notices and to provide you with information related to the Services or the Web-App, provided that vCita will not share your e-mail address or any other personally identifiable information with online advertisers and advertising networks, without your explicit consent;
- To enforce the Agreement;
- To contact you as and when it is necessary for providing the Services;
- To comply with any applicable law, respond to lawful requests of personal information by public authorities, and assist law enforcement agencies as required, including to meet national security; in any case where vCita believes that the use of the information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or damage to property;
- To collect fees and debts, and to prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity thefts and any other misuse of the Services or the Web-App;
- To take any action in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and vCita, or between you and other users or third parties with respect to, or in relation with the Services or the Web-App.
As a vCita user, your personal information is maintained, processed and stored by vCita, our affiliates, and our service providers in the United States or other jurisdictions.
vCita complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union to the United States.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, vCita commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. European Union individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact vCita at: email@example.com
For any Privacy Shield related complaints that are not resolved within 45 days, you can file a complaint with JAMS, our independent dispute resolution provider, at the following website: https://www.jamsadr.com/file-an-eu-us-privacy-shield-claim. The services of JAMS are provided at no cost to you.
In addition, you may invoke binding arbitration in certain cases, as further described in Annex I of the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Agreement. For further information concerning the binding arbitration, please visit the Privacy Shield web site at: www.privacyshield.gov, or contact our privacy team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
vCita is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
The Experts controlling and operating the vCita Web-App will be considered the controllers of such Clients’ Data and are responsible for complying with all laws and regulations which are applicable to the collection and control of such Clients’ Data including privacy or data protection laws of all relevant jurisdictions.
vCita cannot provide legal advice to Experts, but vCita recommends that all Experts that create and maintain websites using vCita platform should maintain clear and comprehensive privacy policies complying with the applicable laws and regulations.
Important notice about privacy of persons under the age of 16
The Services and the Web-App are not intended for use by persons under the age of 16. If you are not 16 years old or older, then you cannot use any of the Services or the Web-App and must not provide any of your personal details.
vCita strongly encourages parents to monitor their children’s use of the Web. vCita will delete a child’s personally identifiable information if a parent so requests by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. If vCita learns that a child under the age of 16 years has provided personally identifiable information to vCita without verifiable parental consent, vCita will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from vCita’s databases.
How does vCita share your personally identifiable information with others?
vCita does not sell, rent or lease your personally identifiable information to third parties. vCita shares personally identifiable information with others only in any of the following instances, or otherwise subject to your explicit consent:
- To operate the Services or the Web-App, including to store and process your information through a third-party hosting services and to process payments;
- To contact you. For example, vCita uses a third party’s mailing platform to send you messages and updates from time to time;
- If vCita believes that you have breached the Agreement or any other agreement with vCita or abused your rights to use the Services or the Web-App or performed any act or omission that vCita believes to be violating any applicable law, rules, or regulations. vCita may share your information with law enforcement agencies, governmental agencies and other competent authorities as well as with other third parties, as may be required;
- If vCita is required, or believes that it is required by law to share or disclose your information; In any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and vCita, or between you and other users or third parties with respect to, or in relation with the Services or the Web-App (including a dispute between User and Expert), vCita can use your information in preparing its legal case in connection with such dispute or proceedings;
- In any case where vCita believes that sharing information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or damage to property;
- vCita can also share personally identifiable information with sub-contractors and other companies or organizations connected, or affiliated with vCita, such as subsidiaries, sister-companies and parent companies;
- vCita is liable for onward transfers of personal data to third parties.
How does vCita use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information?
vCita also uses anonymous, statistical or aggregated information to properly operate the Services or the Web-App; to improve the quality and functionality of the Services or the Web-App; to enhance your experience; to create new services, including customized services; to change or cancel existing content or services, and for other internal and statistical purposes.
vCita can share, publish, post, disseminate, transmit or otherwise communicate or make available anonymous, statistical or aggregated information to suppliers, business partners, sponsors, affiliates and any other third party, at vCita’s sole discretion, provided, however, that vCita will not knowingly, or intentionally use the information to reveal your identity without your consent.
How does vCita access & use your Google user data?
vCita uses Google OAuth in order to get access to your Google data as describes as follows:
- As part of your registration, you can choose to register using your Google account. As part of this process vCita will create a vCita account using your Google email address, and later on will use it as your system email address.
- If you choose to synchronize your Google Calendar with vCita’s app, vCita will access your Google calendar and will use it to display your availability on your vCita calendar(s).
- If you choose to synchronize your Google Contacts with vCita’s app, vCita will import your Google Contacts into vCita’s app and will use it to allow you to contact your clients.
- You can choose to export your Google data from vCita’s app at any time.
How can you access your personal information?
If you are an Expert and registered to the Web-App, then you can access your personal account and edit or amend your personal information at any time using the designated user interface in the Web-App.
If you find that the information on your personal account is not accurate, complete or updated, then you can make all necessary changes to correct it. Otherwise, both Experts and Users can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Which ‘opt out’ and deletion options are available to you?
At any time you can opt out of vCita’s mailing lists, by sending vCita a removal request to: email@example.com. It can take up to ten (10) business days for your opt-out request to take effect.
If you wish to delete your personally identifiable information that is stored in vCita’s database, you can send a request to delete information to: firstname.lastname@example.org. vCita will inform you whether it can accept your request. vCita will strive to accept requests to delete personally identifiable information. vCita can refuse your request, for example, if vCita believes that removal of certain information can harm other users.
You will bear full responsibility for any damage, costs, fines and expenses resulting from the deletion of data pursuant to your request to exercise the right to be forgotten, and hold vCita harmless thereof.
In any case, vCita can keep any aggregated or anonymized information for statistical, marketing and other purposes, indefinitely.
It is vCita’s policy to keep Expert personal information on file unless specifically requested to be deleted.
How does vCita secure your personal information?
vCita and third parties on its behalf implement information security systems and procedures to secure your personal information. While such systems and procedures reduce the risk of security breaches, they do not provide absolute security.
Therefore, vCita cannot guarantee that the Services or the Web-App will be immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unlawful interceptions or unauthorized access to the information stored therein and to other information security risks, or that your private communications on or through the Services or the Web-App will remain private.
These individuals are obligated to keep your personal information confidential and they can be subject to penalties, termination of relations and criminal prosecution, if they fail to comply with such obligations.
Your rights under the GDPR
Please note that under the GDPR vCita processes personal data as a data processor. As such, vCita is committed to assist vCita’s data controllers to fulfill individuals’ rights under the GDPR.
If you wish to exercise your rights under the GDPR or have any questions in this matter, please contact the relevant vCita’s data controller directly. Should you need vCita’s assistance to indicate who the relevant vCita’s data controller is, please feel free to contact us at: email@example.com.
To the extent required and upon a written request from vCita’s data controller, vCita will assist the vCita’s data controller to fulfill your rights under the GDPR.
Some of the cookies can expire when the session ends, and you exit your browser. Other cookies can be stored on your computer’s hard drive. If you wish to block the cookies, then please use the help button in your browser and follow the necessary instructions. However, bear in mind that disabling cookies can complicate or even prevent your use of the Services or the Web-App, or certain features thereof.
Where is my personal information processed?
vCita collects applicants personal data solely for vCita’s internal recruitment purposes including for communication with applicants by phone or in writing, evaluation of applications and hiring process.
After receiving your complaint, vCita can contact you to better understand your concerns and will make all efforts to promptly answer your question or resolve your complaint to your full satisfaction.
Last Updated: October 18, 2018